View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 01:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo370z View Post
Ahh that clears it up a lot more than google. I'm going to keep you in mind when I decide to rebuild my motor and do a dry sump set up to rev 9,000 rpms. As far as longevity what are your thoughts about it? Eventually I will track my car maybe once or twice a year and mostly driving it on the weekends.
I would not do a wet-sleeved block with longevity in-mind.. I would do it for high power cars being used for drag racing, roll racing, standing mile, and other acceleration contest.

For road racing, I wouldnt do the wet sleeves... not to mention, I dont think the power of a road racing car is going to touch on the power where wet-sleeves would be in the discussion. Imagine trying to track a 1000rwhp 370z... that would make a great video but it would probably lose to 350rwhp all motor cars with good drivers.

I wouldnt put wet-sleeves on the discussion table unless we are talking about 800+ rwhp.