View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 09:12 AM   #58 (permalink)
BC416
Track Member

Drives: 2012 KAD 6MT
BC416 has a reputation beyond reputeBC416 has a reputation beyond reputeBC416 has a reputation beyond reputeBC416 has a reputation beyond reputeBC416 has a reputation beyond reputeBC416 has a reputation beyond reputeBC416 has a reputation beyond reputeBC416 has a reputation beyond reputeBC416 has a reputation beyond reputeBC416 has a reputation beyond reputeBC416 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBLUE View Post
I have 2 questions about the FI CBE with 18" resonators...

1) I know this is subjective, bit how bad is the drone at highway cruising in 6th gear (65-80 mph range)? On a scale of 1-10: 1 being stock system (no droan), 10 being unbearable, taking the CBE off the next day.

2) How much lower are the mufflers compared to stock? The pictures look much lower where they dip down at the forward edge, but the website says no lower than stock. I don't plan on lowering the car, but I don't want these things rubbing or things getting hung up.

Thanks!!
1) I have the 18" CBE paired up with stock cats. There is maybe a small amount of drone, if you can even call it that, in 6th around 60MPH. It goes away the closer you approach 70MPH and is gone by the time you get there. I'd rate it like a 2.5 on your scale.

2) If you don't plan on lowering, you will be fine. I've only had the exhaust on for abouut 3 weeks now, but I've yet to hit it on anything and the roads here in NJ are pretty terrible.

Also, I've seen mention of rattle on the interior - I'm guessing this is install error or something cause mine is rock solid. No rattling or shaking the interior at all, not on cold start or anything.

I've said this before, but I drove an SRT-4 with a catless turbo back exhaust for like 6 years - the last thing I wanted with the Z was loud *** exhaust that drones terribly - and I couldn't be happier with the F.I. purchase. You will not regret it.