View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 07:34 PM   #22 (permalink)
faceglide
Track Member

Drives: '12 370Z FI TT BkChr
faceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond repute

I pretty much daily drove my TT e85 370z, 9k miles in 12 months.

I really did not have to do anything outside of the realm of normal performance car ownership. I really focused on these few things:

-Oil changes 3k miles. Even with synthetic, i ran e85, which has a habit of invading fuel(which it BARELY did), so I changed my mobil 1 5w20 every 3k.
-UOA-blackstone. I did it twice, read like it should, unremarkable.

-Check for leaks? I had none, not an issue, car is parked in clean garage 24/7. OIl drips would be very apparent if there was any.

-afr/fuel pressure. My AFR never really moved much, I preferred monitoring fuel pressure because I was on e85. I would notice slight dippage on freeway on/offramps(huge sweeping right turns) and learned that fueling issues would be apparent on my fuel pressure way before afr, if any afr changes.

-Oil Levels. These can be a tad tricky because turbos and lines hold more oil. After oil change, i filled with 7 quarts. Then I would start car, come up to temp, park on level service then wait 15-.30 minutes and recheck level. This is pretty much standard procedure for any car, but it is easy to get fooled into thinking you are very low oterwise.

-Fuel level. Being on e85 and my power levels, I found I can actually get the car to fuel starve with some major acceleration, starting at HALF a tank. Yep, I wqould see that pressure dip and thank nissan for an incredible fuel tank design. I made a note to stay above 1/2.

Your mileage may vary, but thats all I did. I had never a second where the car was down and out. Then again, I am that kind of putz that pays someone to swap a clutch, the most technical of my abilities on a car was a header install haha! But i always thought it was my duty to monitor the car as much as I can and promptly tell a pro if I noticed something had changed.
faceglide is offline   Reply With Quote