View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 04:24 PM   #3993 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Nah... I managed to maneuver within my lane and just barely catch it with my front driver tire. It went flying off onto the shoulder out of harm's way and there was no visible damage to car or wheel

I actually did an oil change on a Z with Zspeed shroud a couple weekends ago and it was a mess. The opening is tiny and just barely overhangs the drip from the drain plug. Granted, we did the change on two jack stands instead of four (just being lazy I guess), so the car was tilted back to where the oil ran down the oil pan further back and onto the Zspeed undershroud. But my OEM shroud has significantly more room with just the flap lowered (4 bolts) and works fine regardless of whether I use two or four jack stands. But it looks so !!
nice maneuver

great info, mr.jar! u know, that was wat i was afraid of... the opening being too small. it's like a frikken mouse door.