View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 08:09 AM   #17 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post
anyone know a good body shop in Austin? The adjuster is coming out tomorrow. I needed new tires anyways :P Maybe they will replaced the tires for me.
File a police report or else most insurance companies won't cover it under uninsured motorist. And if you don't have uninsured motorist coverage in Texas, add it to your policy yesterday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njobe89 View Post
i'm not sure i agree with that. by avoiding them, you hit your car and damaged it. now your insurance has to cover everything and more than likely your rates will go up. if it wasn't your fault you should have let them hit you. imagine if you didn't avoid the light pole and totaled your car or something.
Maybe if you have $hitty insurance... I've only been in accidents that weren't my fault. More than half were people with no insurance, no license, and did not speak English. My insurance has never gone up due to accidents or tickets.

This same exact thing happened to me in my Sentra a number of years ago. Some jacka$$ ran me up on a median and I busted the oil pan and radiator causing like $3K in damages. I ended up paying my deductible because I didn't know I had to file a police report to get it covered under uninsured motorist, which would have covered my deductible as well.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |

Last edited by JARblue; 05-05-2015 at 08:12 AM.
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote