View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 05:54 PM   #26 (permalink)
birdman71
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People Crazy!
birdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem2104 View Post
Sure is, take your time on releasing the clutch. Unless you're driving hard the clutch likes a little more time
Or unless you have a hard clutch. Push up to a stage 3, 4 or 5 clutch and you wont be able to do anything but start in first gear and you will have to learn how to be super sensitive about the so called "sweet spot" of the clutch. That's to where you can shift without any jerkiness like how this thread started. Just gotta find the sweet spot on the clutch although harder to locate when you go up in stages.
I went from a stock ford ranger clutch in my truck to a SPEC stage 3 clutch in my z and was a completely different ball game. It would be like going from peewee sports to Division 1 college sports .

Although once you have a durable clutch and know how to shift entirely, then you can learn to power shift, although that would go the complete opposite direction on jerkiness than this thread started originally.

Birdman's Build:
Powerhouse Amuse/ Nismo/ Eibach/ ACT/ Tommy Kaira/ Avant Garde/ Fast Intentions/ Project Kics/ Fly 1 Motorsports/ EVO-R/ Z1 Motorsports/ Weber Sports/ Zoom/ Zele Japan
birdman71 is offline   Reply With Quote