View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 03:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
jwick
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 6MT
jwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelidat View Post
Since you're asking about supercharger kits, I'm assuming you mean Stillen. They have more popped motors than anyone else. That's not "less chance of things going wrong".

From my research on the forums, it seems like those are all from modding the kit for more power. It seems that the kit is reliable in stock form (with a custom tune) so if one is happy with that (approx 410whp, 300wtrq) then it would be fine.

The real question is would I be happy with that. The question on the turbo front is can I justify the extra cost as well as learn enough quickly enough to
feel comfortable with the risks involved with it.
HP is addictive. No matter how much you have, it'll start feeling slow in no time. With the Stillen kit you will be locked into the power level. With a turbo set up there are always upgrades for more power.

I notice you have a 7AT so unless you are also willing to pony up the additional funding to strengthen that tranny, turbo is out for you as it'll break.

jwick is offline   Reply With Quote