View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 07:42 AM   #16 (permalink)
Duc_Z09
Track Member

Drives: With the blinker on.
Duc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfDog View Post
First lets get out of the way that I really am kinda full of $h*t... However with all respect to Duc,

For track, the sport LSD (a.k.a. OEM VLSD) does not really cut it. I drive mine pretty hard and hands down my best mod, (with oil cooler a close second) is is a real LSD (I went with a Quaife from Z1). The sport VLSD is pretty weak and makes the tail end VERY unpredictable in over-steer (power-slide) situations.

Drive an OEM VLSD then swap to a real LSD then send rep to thank me cause it is a BIG DEAL upgrade. (probably about 1500 bucks installed and worth every penny if you drive hard)
We'll put you in the < 1% category that actually uses their Z the way it was supposedly intended to be used.

For most of us it's a non-issue, but yeah... I haven't had an opportunity to test the limits safely yet (i.e. at a track). For "spirited" driving on public roads my only complaints are the high oil temps and massive blind spots. I haven't run into brake fade or fuel starvation (yet).
2009 370z #206 (all mods are Home Depot)
2009 Ducati 848 (full Ohlins, Termignoni, etc)
2003 Grand Cherokee (long arms, big tires, 4.56, lockers)
Duc_Z09 is offline   Reply With Quote