View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 03:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jon@Altered
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Nissan 350Z
Jon@Altered has a reputation beyond reputeJon@Altered has a reputation beyond reputeJon@Altered has a reputation beyond reputeJon@Altered has a reputation beyond reputeJon@Altered has a reputation beyond reputeJon@Altered has a reputation beyond reputeJon@Altered has a reputation beyond reputeJon@Altered has a reputation beyond reputeJon@Altered has a reputation beyond reputeJon@Altered has a reputation beyond reputeJon@Altered has a reputation beyond repute

Good to have slicks back, and the new aerodynamics of the 2009 should make Formula racing more exciting, but the cars are hideous. I think the 07/08 seasons had the best looking "modern" Formula racing cars:

Here's Super Aguri F1's SA08A from '08

The new cars look silly to me, and I hate the new medals system Bernie wants to incorporate next season. Personally, I find the most entertainment out of watching the "little" teams(anything other than McLaren, SFM, and BMW) racing their hearts out just to get 1 point each and every race. With medals, if you can only receive gold, silver, or bronze, who the heck do you think is going to win a drivers/constructors championship? Ferrari, McLaren, or BMW. Probably in that order too. What about teams like Force India and Torro Rosso? That's why I loved Super Aguri Honda, I am a fan of Aguri Suzuki, Takuma Sato, and Anthony Davidson. Also a fan of Adrian Sutil and yes, I was IRATE when Kimi Raikkonen crashed into his car in Monaco last year.

I dunno, I thought that the cars were pretty exciting and competitive last season, and didn't need any changes, but whatever, I'm not the head of the FIA, Ferrari is. Or is that Max Mosley? I can say though, I don't think Formula 1 can ever reproduce the excitement of the turbo monsters of the 80s, like this Lotus 97T, driven by the late, great Aryton Senna(check sig):

Jon@Altered is offline   Reply With Quote