View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 09:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
roplusbee
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2007 350Z NISMO
roplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to roplusbee Send a message via Yahoo to roplusbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidZ370 View Post
What's you're budget?
I can purchase new if necessary (with financing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbrah View Post
I have looked at that, as well as others. I am currently in Korea and won't be back in the States until late summer or early fall, so I am not trying to commit to something that I may not be able to obtain for some time. I guess I could commit and have someone take delivery for me, but I am not liking that idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC-Nismo View Post
Why was it totaled?
Short story:

I left the car at UPREV so that they could have a turbo car to push the envelope and further develop their software. Someone hit my car while it was there and I am still in Korea. The damage was mostly cosmetic (hood, headlight, fender, and bumper), although the IC and piping on that side took some dents. The thing that pushed it over the edge was the $4-5k Greddy Type 29 Spec-R IC replacement price (since it is only offered for the GT-R now). I went back and forth for a couple months having them factor my installed parts/upgrades and value of the car versus the repair costs. Even though I proved that the repairs would be less than the 60% threshold, they deemed it a total loss because they could not replace aftermarket parts that total more than $5k total (per TX Ordinance). Hence the total loss.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370zHawaii View Post
The only thing that could replace a NISMO 370z is another NISMO 370z. Sorry you lost her and hope you find another as sweet as her.
Deep down I know this, but I needed to hear that from someone else. I could probably pick up a BASE/Sport for $16-18k, but I would have to spend $20-30k to make it nice. I am not feeling the 15's wheels or wing, but I can deal with the rest of the aero. I figure that I will get what I want if I am going to pay that much for it. Shooting for a 13-14 NISMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv129 View Post
Used porsche in the consideration at all?
I am not a fan of the Germans maintenance costs or reliability. On top of that, there are only 3 places in Killeen that will even touch German vehicles and they are usually backed up by 2-3 weeks.
2007 350Z NISMO #0618: Zerolift | UPREV | F.I. | Greddy | Competition Clutch | Injector Dynamics | Aeromotive | Pioneer | JL
roplusbee is offline   Reply With Quote