View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 02:30 PM   #164 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Just got done changing my rear diff. fluid. Pretty much straight forward and similar process, if not the same, as my old 350Z. The only minor issue I had was the 370Z seems have to have less space when getting to the Fill Hole, as getting a torque wrench was impossible and I had to just use a longer rachet.

regarding the pump, i used the one were you can screw on the top of the bottle, much like the above user mentioned with the starbucks ones. the problem with these pumps is that there's really no wiggle room underneath the car (and my car is stock height) and your arm will get really tired after a few pumps.

the other thing is with my 350Z, i jacked up all for sides of my car, which ended up taking me an hour. with the 370Z, i just jacked up the driver rear side, drained the fluid, and refilled. I then lowered the car without the Fill Plug to let any excess go into the oil container (I had a oil container low enough to where it fit under the car even when car wasn't on a jack). Once all the excess drained out, raised the car, and placed the Fill Plug.
vtec to vvel is offline   Reply With Quote