View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 09:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
AngelNismo
Base Member

Drives: the speed limit...
AngelNismo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
1. The chemicals they use on them are usually much harsher than the stuff most of us use to take care of our paint. I use them only as a pre-rinse when I know I'm going to hand wash the car. And I usually try to buy the cheapest one that has the undercarriage wash - the fewer chemicals the better.

2. I try to wax every few months, but it's actually been a long time since my last wax (well over 6 months). It's my DD and has a garage, so not really the same. If yours is a weekend car and sits outside, it's really more of personal preference. Some people wax every couple of weeks.

3. You should clay before you wax. This removes any remaining residue from the previous wax job as well as lots of contaminants embedded in the clear coat. If you car has been recently waxed and is still very clean, you can use some quick detailer and then spray wax without having to wash and clay first.

4. Nope, but I DO NOT recommend plain water. You want something with lots of lubricity to protect the paint. Using water to wipe off bird $hit or dust is just going to scratch up your paint. Use a quick detailer.
So for #4 if I have bird poop or dust on my car you recommend using something such as:
http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G1442...s=car+detailer ?

And for #3 after using the detailer I can use this:
Amazon.com: Meguiar's G17516 Ultimate Quik Wax - 15.2 oz.: Automotive ?

That's so interesting I would think using regular ole water was the safest way to go lol.
AngelNismo is offline   Reply With Quote