View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 05:13 AM   #29 (permalink)
fahadco80
Base Member

Drives: 350Z
fahadco80 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weapon View Post
Just FYI:

From the Bose HU you have 4 channels (Low Level) going to Bose AMP
Bose Amp goes to 6 Speaker Outs (2 Doors, 2 tweets, 2 rear) and another low level sub channel to the sub amp. Sub Amp goes to 2 Speaker Outputs to Subs.

For mids/High full range signal:
Connecting before the Bose will give you massive engine noise. I've tried it several different ways. From Bose HU to Bose AMP you have - / + / - wires. The 2nd Negative cancels out noise when its processed through the AMP. Once you disconnect it introduces some nasty noise. The solution i found was connection from Bose AMP Speaker Outputs and summing and flatten, and re-adjust. No Engine noise and sounds very clear.

If you want a sub only:
You can connect from blue and violet wire that comes from the bose amp to Sub Amp but you'll notice that extra (-) again. You can't hear the engine noise through the sub so its not really a big deal but I also found the signal strength is much better connecting from Sub Amp Speaker Output as well instead of Low Level frequency.
----

Another option I've been thinking of is trying to to Keep the Bose Amp connected while splitting off the signal rather than completely disconnecting it. It will continue to cancel out the engine noise with the -/+/- set up it has but i don't know if the new amp would just introduce noise anyways. I haven't tried it yet because Sound Processor only accepts High Speaker Level inputs.

Hi,

I really need help on this, I can see from your post, the factory setup its almost identical to mine, but without a centre channel. Please help..

I have a 2009 Nissan GTR with Bose factory audio system, the head unit have only 4 channels going into the Bose amp (front right, front left, rear right and rear left), and the Bose amp synthesis the 4 channels to (3 way front right, 3 way front left, rear right, rear left, centre channel and two subs).

Now if I want to change all my speakers and amp to any different brand, can I use the Alpine PXA-H800 or the 360.3 or any other makes to input the 4 channels thats coming from the head unit and get the 6 channels? like the factory setup. Or is it better to keep the Bose factory amp and use the speaker level outputs on the amp to connect them to the processor?

Please keep in mind that I am going to use the front's 3 way component speakers with the passive crossover that comes with it, so each 3 way will be on one channel on the new amp, and no plans at all to change or add a new head unit. I want to keep all factory speakers locations working, I do not want to cancel any of them and will be adding to more speakers which are below.

Below are the parts I am planning to install:
2x HERTZ ENERGY ES200.5 Subs (stock location)
1x HERTZ HI-ENERGY HL 70 Center (stock location)
1x HERTZ DCX87.3 Rear deck (stock location)
1x HERTZ HCX 690 Rear side walls (fabricated location)
1x HERTZ HSK 163 (3 WAY) Doors (front stock location)

I will be using a sound processor, 2x 4 channels amps for all speakers and 1 mono to power the subs

Is there a way to connect the HSK 3 way passive xover box to one channel on the aftermarket amp instead of 2 channels to each door? so I can reserve a channels for my other speakers, as I am going to add more speakers than the OEM setup.

Please let me know what is your suggestions.

Please let me know if I can make the factory 4 channel to do all my new speakers. And what other parts do I need (if I am missing something) to make this setup work?

Or do I have to keep the factory Bose amp and use its high level speaker outputs to the DSP to the new amps.

PS: I attached a photo of my current in and out amp harness that shows the 4 channels in and all the synthesised out channels.

Best regards

Fahad
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GTR R35 Bose System Color Coding.jpg (249.5 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by fahadco80; 05-02-2015 at 05:44 AM.
fahadco80 is offline   Reply With Quote