View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 02:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
Kamillio
Enthusiast Member

Drives: N/A
Kamillio has a reputation beyond reputeKamillio has a reputation beyond reputeKamillio has a reputation beyond reputeKamillio has a reputation beyond reputeKamillio has a reputation beyond reputeKamillio has a reputation beyond reputeKamillio has a reputation beyond reputeKamillio has a reputation beyond reputeKamillio has a reputation beyond reputeKamillio has a reputation beyond reputeKamillio has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone for your replies and thoughts!

I actually ended up using on only 2 and a bit of a 3 bottle in the brake flush. When I called the Nissan dealership service place they told me I need more than 3 quarts! So I bought 7 and now I have 4 unopened ones.....ehhhh these people at the dealerships...

I had the mechanic at the dealership do it for me because I have never done this myself, and I was with him most of the time. I missed the part where he bled the master cylinder, because he said that was the first thing he has done. I know that in the future I will be doing brake flush by myself and just have someone pump the brake for me.

Does anybody know how to properly bleed the master cylinder? Just for future reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_Z09 View Post
Stupid question: aside from the higher boiling point, is there any difference between rbf600 and regular DOT 3 or 4? To put it another way, will I sacrifice anything by switching over?
I don't think you sacrifice anything. Only thing is that it might be a waste of money if you never plan to track your car because I doubt in normal daily city driving you will ever reach high brake fluid temperatures.