View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 11:20 AM   #19 (permalink)
KratikosG37
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 TT Wrapped G37
KratikosG37 will become famous soon enoughKratikosG37 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyHTX View Post
I was not able to get an FI kit - I even offered to get the 370z kit and have my install shop fab whatever was needed, but couldn't convince Tony. I totally understand why I was denied since FI wants the utmost quality/fitment in the products they ship and I can't fault them for not wanting to sell me a product that may or may not fit. Props to them for that (even if I secretly hate it deep down inside).

If I had to do it all over again, I would still be with the AAM kit because there still isn't an FI kit available for the V36 Coupe/Sedans *yet*.

So, I had to go with the AAM kit for my G sedan. We basically ended up doing R&D and fabbing as well and, as stated in my build thread, near the end of my build contact with AAM got very spotty. We have reported most of our adjustments to AAM, but I can not speak as to whether or not they made it into their 'production' kits.

I for one liked all of the features the EFR turbos came integrated and the overall quality of the kit is good. It is just that I pioneered the kit for the G sedan, I'm sure I may have encountered similar things had Tony gave me the FI kit as well (which, again, is probably why Tony wouldn't sell me a kit). In the end I am excited to see what the AAM kit can really do for me in the future.

If you have a 370z I'm sure you wouldn't experience some of the pains that I did, although I'm sure every build has it's setbacks along the way. But like others have said you need to weigh all factors in from design/features of the kit, performance of the kit, and post service/support.
I'm a G37 owner which my avatar clearly says, but the point is I understand your dilemma. GTM was the only kit offered at the time, even before AAM.

Know someone with a 08 G37 custom made TT with piping and HKS turbos(before GTM). The kit still holds, but what happens if he starts having issues?

At least I can hope for GTM to be back in business and produce TT parts again. Ex: manifolds, turbo housings, wastegates ect....