View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 08:55 AM   #42 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

I finally started prepping the car last night by dropping the bumper and removing the engine cover. I may try to do a leak test first and am looking for a couple of approaches: smoke test or pressurizing the intake. After doing some reading I'm thinking about plugging the intake tubes before the throttles, removing both intake filters and plugging one of them to test one side first. From there I can feed smoke to the system or pressurize it and listen for leaks.

I was thinking about making a home-made smoke generator using a sealed container in which I can drop in something to generate the smoke. The lid will have 2 lines: one feeding the intake system, and the other to a hand pump.

Is this logical enough?