View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 08:01 AM   #2159 (permalink)
RBfastback
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 13 370z Nismo PW
RBfastback is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370zHawaii View Post
Good news, and bad news. The bad news is I spoke to a employee at NUR performance this morning about replacing the brakes in my Z. I was told that Akebono does not exist on the Nissans period and it was only Brembo calipers.....Then was told that a base/touring Stoptech package not including install was $$$$. The Sport-Nismo version is probably much higher, I didn't bother to ask. When I mentioned ordering the kit myself from Z1, I was also told that Z1 rotors are pure crap and that I should stay away from them (I honestly don't believe that due to the fact that their rotors are centric core which is what Stoptech is). I understand trying to sell a customer your product but giving them bad info is not good business IMHO. Unfortunately I had my hopes up really high with this place expecting them to be a little more knowledgeable about Nissan in general.

The other bad news, a family member passed away recently and the memorial service is scheduled for this Saturday, so unfortunately I will not be able to make it to Naples Meet as much as I really want to go.

Now the good, I joined the South Florida Z-Club FB page, great group of people. Thanks Datsun for the info. I also decided to man up and do the brakes myself and order the bleeder, I just don't feel comfortable or confident that a shop will do a better install as myself and put as much care into it as I would.

wow I can't believe that dan said that stuff to u, he's a pretty nice guy but that's not cool. he usually works on gtr's

but those are pretty easy installs and I'll be doing z1 rotors, stop tech ss lines and ebc Reds here soon too if u wanna come over when me an a buddy install them or we can do both our cars
RBfastback is offline   Reply With Quote