View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 12:43 PM   #107 (permalink)
Vicster
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 Nissan 370Z
Vicster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
I live near you, could you tell me which dealer you went to for this?
I take my car to AAM for custom installs and such and to Sheehy Nissan of Waldorf for all my maintenance/warranty work. They are usually pretty straight forward with me and know me quite well so I don't think there will be much of a problem. That being said, I'm going to be a little stronger with them this time around since I've taken care of what they original thought the problem was and the problem is still not fixed.

I haven't had a chance to drop it off yet but I hope to soon. Meanwhile I just have to deal with it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by P's_Z View Post

Tell them that this has happened to people you know and cleaning the TBs has worked for them. Hell, even show them this thread as evidence. I dont know why not all nissan dealers are in the know of this. You are not the first person that this has happened to, i would have expected for word to have spread by now, and for the dealers to have sent this to the central offices and this issue-fix be informed to all.
This is essentially my plan. I'm basically going to tell them "look, you said it was the oiled air filters, after replacing the air filters with stock and replacing both MAFs, the problem is still there. It's still under warranty, I'm fully within my rights with everything that was replaced and/or not stock (Magnuson–Moss), so fix it. But, just to speed things up, I do believe I know what the problem is." Then point them to this thread.

We'll see how it goes.

'13 Z34 Touring Sport | ARK GRiP CBE | Stillen G3 CAI | AAM HFC | UpRev | 20mm Z1 Spacers | StopTech Drilled/Slotted Rotors | StopTech SS Lines
Vicster is offline   Reply With Quote