View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 01:15 AM   #262 (permalink)
mikey1600
Track Member

Drives: MY11 370z Black
mikey1600 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelidat View Post
So is the general consensus from members with the kit that the stock non-upgraded kit with a custom tune will run fine, be reliable and make about 410whp/300wtrq? I remember some people had issues idling issues which I believe was attributed to air turbulence or something by the intake? Has that been resolved? Anything else i should be concerned about? Will the stock kit be cool enough int he summer here in Socal (90s and 100s)?
I wouldn't concentrate too hard on the numbers, most dyno's are different, I know here in Aus, I'm running the 9lb pulley and only got 370rwhp. Other cars tuned on the same dyno with just bolt-ons were making around 250rwhp. If you are worried about numbers, find a high reading dyno and do a power run after you have had the car tuned properly lol.

you WILL need to upgrade your clutch at some point, factor this in, standard clutch will last a while, I've done about 10,000k's on it with the stillen kit after 50,000 stock k's. (37,500 miles total).

The air turbulance issues were from people not installing a bracket which is supplied with the kit, so nothing wrong with the kit. This bracket is only required when being installed with the standard stillen heat exchanger. I'm running the frozenboost larger heat exchanger and haven't installed the bracket as there wasn't enough room, but the heat exchanger covers over where the bracket goes anyway. So no troubles there.
mikey1600 is offline   Reply With Quote