View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 09:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
SwissCheese
Track Member

Drives: 2012 370Z NISMO
SwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NefariousZ34 View Post
Thanks for that. I just came from a 2013 to a 15 and notice a little more movement at higher speeds and regular turning of course I though it might be a loose dampener -.- So that cleared something up for me!

As far as the original poster. From someone who just went from a 2013 to a 2015 in 2 months I say 15. I did all the research I could and finally decided on a 15. Many reasons really as Davey already threw out. I've driven quite a few nismos now the 13/14 felt exactly the same except the steering wheel on the 14.

However price wise you come out better just buying the 15 atleast in my area dealers still want around 40 for the 2014 new and used prices aren't that much better. The steering wheel alone does it for me on the 14 or 15 but the recarro seats really put it over the top I didn't realize how much I would appreciate them until the hour drive back from going and picking mine up today. Since you said it is going to be your daily rock chips are attracted to those beautiful rays 13/14 like white on rice creating all kinds of little rock chips. Really disappointing to see.

It's all preference though I would drive both if possible. The two things I miss now about my 13 would be the firmness/stability of the steering and the spoiler. I actually liked the more firm suspension the spoiler was just for aesthetics of course really stands out.

I also see jaytirbhaw stating that there is a stock oil cooler? From everything I've read or seen that's the the number one thing people complain about is no oil coolers especially on the Nismo. So unless my countless hours of research and watching my own oil temps continue to raise on normal street and or spirited driving I believe that statement is false. Or if there is one it's not doing anything for me..

oh and +1 for the 2015 exhaust it is a little deeper I just plan on doing HFC or ART pipes make it a little louder it's already a tuned exhaust for the car I don't see justifying spending 1500+ for aftermarket when Nismo already pretty much is aftermarket just not as loud which you will appreciate over time being in the car all the time road noise is bad enough why add drone just my opinion. (mine is also my daily)
I just read through your other thread. I feel so sorry for everything you had to go through, but at least you got a 2015 out of it! That thing is beautiful!

In regards to the oil cooler: From what I've read on the forums, I think that Nissan's oil cooler is pretty weak compared to the aftermarket ones available.
Current Ride: 2012 Nissan 370Z NISMO #0389
Mods: Fast Intentions Resonated Test Pipes and TDX Exhaust with 18" Resonators (#1054), K&N Drop-Ins, GTR Start Button
SwissCheese is offline   Reply With Quote