View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 01:52 PM   #24 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yubman View Post
Do you just spray the entire rotor then? From what you say, it doesn't sound like you mask the pad contact area at all.

I'd considered painting my rotors with a couple of coats of high temp engine paint in the past but worried about masking the swept area.
On the rotors for my truck I did 3 coats of caliper paint, 2 light coats 10 minutes apart followed by a wet coat. It's best if you cant let the paint cure a few days before reinstalling, but masking isn't necessary as it wears off quickly with some gentle braking. I would also recommend a light coat of caliper grease on the top of the rotor hat where it meets the wheel to prevent sticking.
ChrisSlicks is offline   Reply With Quote