View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 09:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
mults
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 (40th) #706
mults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond repute
Question Wheel Weight Residue Removal

First, I just had Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2's put on the Z today and am totally impressed with the ride quality, lack of noise and overall better driving experience than the original Bridgestone's. There was over 21000 miles on the originals and were due for a change (especially before ZdayZ)

Now, the reason for the post...While the dealer did a very good job on the installation of the tires, and the 4-wheel alignment, the wheel weight installation leaves a little bit to be desired. The balance is perfect, but when the old weights were removed, they left a lot of the foam backing tape and residue from the adhesive on the rims.

So, I am pinging the omnipresent members of this forum to see what they may have used in cases like this to remove all of this junk that is left over? I am thinking about a Goo-Gone or similar product, but don't know what (if any) effect it will have on the finish of the wheels? I am very anal about the appearance of the wheels and I need to get this stuff off of.

As always, any help, experience or suggestions are welcomed.
Build Date/Number: 1/27/2010 #706
Berk HFC + CBE, R2C CAI, Clear Bra, Cleveland Z Club
mults is offline   Reply With Quote