View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 08:29 PM   #604 (permalink)
Davey
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '15 NISMO 6MT
Davey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejuanito View Post
I had the same concern when I bought my Z in 2015 as a leftover 2014. The dealer I bought it from (Nissan of Mission Hills) told me that my warranty started the day I bought the car, regardless of model year. I hope they weren't just saying that to get me to sign but I would give them the benefit of the doubt, so yeah you should be ok I think
It's "in service date" or when it is manufactured. I think by default they have the manufactured date on file and then it's to be updated to the "in service" date when purchased, but apparently this doesn't always happen automatically. Obviously the "in service" date is always later.

I had the same thing with my old Civic DD. Had issues with the tire pressure monitoring system and it was a leftover 2011. At first they said it wasn't covered, but I told them I didn't purchase it until 2012 and they updated the system to reflect that and covered it.
Davey is offline   Reply With Quote