View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 07:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
neoskunk
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z Silver M6
neoskunk is on a distinguished road
Default Trying to Understand Bose Sound System

So just a little background as this is my first post. About a month ago I totaled a 300zx when I hit a patch of ice and slammed into a guard rail. Being a Z enthusiast I decided it was time for a 370z. Long story short I ended up buying a 2009 touring edition. However, the 370 I purchased has had some audio work done to it.

The current setup has an Alpine iXA-W407 headunit, an Alpine PDX 4.150 amp, and an Infiniti Kappa sub along with some sort of dynamat all over the trunk. This is all I have been able to see and not sure about the speakers.

I am not a fan of subwoofers for a few different reasons and as such have decided to remove it. Upon removal of the sub and box I found the amp in the area pictured below.

I have a few questions....

1. The foam from this area seems to be missing. This probably wasn't a problem for the previous owner as the sub was covering this area but I'd like a stable trunk area. Do you guys know of anywhere / anyone with the foam? Will the foam fit over this alpine amp?

2. What is this gray box on the right? It says Visteon voice technology on it. From what I have found its the stock bose systems bluetooth unit. Is this correct and if so can it be removed as I do not have the stock bose system anymore?

3. After some research, from what I can tell my alpine amp now sits where the stock bose amp used to sit. Is this true? Related to this but more of a preference question, if I remove the subwoofer how necessary is the amp? Do the stock bose speakers NEED an amp driving them? Previously an after market head unit driving the speakers has been plenty for me.
neoskunk is offline   Reply With Quote