View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 01:26 PM   #313 (permalink)
Bonzo
Track Member

Drives: Finally, a 370Z!!!
Bonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond repute

So I finally took the plunge on this yesterday. Here's my story.

Since everyone on here seems to have differing opinions it was hard to know what size to get. I decided that using 10 or 15's was not something I wanted to tackle or pay for (since you have to remove the brakes and the hub and swap out studs) . So it was either 20 or 25. Since you can't return them after putting them on, and they cost $150, I decided to eat a little freight and only order 2. I had both of them put on the same side of the car so I could see what 20 looked like up front and in back.

Here's what I've determined based on what I have on my car, with stock tires and sport wheels, stock camber alignment. All observations are from looking straight down from the top of the outside fender.

FRONT
15 would be about 1/4" inset
20 is flush
25 would poke about 1/4"

BACK
15 would be flush
20 pokes about 1/4"
25 would poke about 1/2"

I am not a fan of poke. Poke to me reminds me of 2 things, 4 x 4 trucks (which look good with poke), and ricers with Honda Civics with ridiculously offset wheels (which looks stupid). I prefer flush. Knowing this, I LOVE the 20's on the front. They are perfectly flush. BUT, 20's on the back are slightly too much. I would prefer 15's better. Anyone liking the 25's on back likes poke. So if you want flush, 20 front and 15 back is the way to go.

So I had a big decision to make; do I buy 2 more 15's for the back and go through the hassle and cost, or do I just stick with 20's even though they poke slightly. I decided to just stay with 20's. I'm 95% happy with that look. It's not perfect for me, but I just don't want to screw with the other kind, or pay for it.

Pictures up next. (Just uploaded the pics. For some reason they are now darker and not as clear as they are as originals. Sorry)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Side By Side 1.jpg (771.1 KB, 155 views)
File Type: jpg Side By Side 2.jpg (237.0 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg Side By Side 3.jpg (219.2 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg Side By Side 4.jpg (260.6 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg Side By Side 5.jpg (742.3 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg Side By Side 6.jpg (192.1 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg Side By Side 7.jpg (769.6 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg Side By Side 8.jpg (740.7 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg Straight Back.jpg (219.8 KB, 107 views)
Delivered Tuesday November 15, 9:57 am!!!
2012, Auto, White, Sport, Kick Plates

Last edited by Bonzo; 04-24-2015 at 01:53 PM.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote