View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 10:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
njobe89
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370z BS 6MT
njobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burriss03 View Post
I believe i'm in need of a tune. I'm by no means an expert when it comes to this ECU stuff so any help would be nice! Here's what i have:
-Stillen Gen 3 CAI's
-FI Non-Res Exhaust
-FI Non-Res Test Pipes
Not too much but i feel like, and have heard that I could benefit from a tune. According to the things ive read, since im no pro, my best bet would be to take it to a shop that tunes. (Z1 Motorsports is where i'm looking to go. Went to ZNationals there and was impressed with them, and they have a pretty good rep for knowing about Z's) Has anyone else used them? And what exactly am I needing done? An UpRev tune? Is that all I tell them and they know what all i need based on my setup?
Help is greatly appreciated! I like to be prepared before I go somewhere to get work done, especially when it's gonna be about a 2hr drive to there.
i was there about 2 weeks ago... you tell them you need a tune and i believe it will cost you $500-600 the first time because you don't have a license bought yet for the tune. after that it will $300 each time. they will tell you which time slots they have available and you can choose which one fits best for your schedule. Jon is the guy that tunes the cars there and he's a good guy.

Every time you add new mods to the engine you would need a new tune as the tune you are thinking about getting will be specific for the things you currently have on your car today.

Stillen CBE, Stillen Gen 3, TP's, Uprev tuned - 324whp/264tq
njobe89 is offline   Reply With Quote