View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 09:48 AM   #5904 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crux View Post
Blades, that oil cooler is so clutch lol.

When I put my splitter on (it sits 5" off the front of the amuse bumper), my oil temps will not rise above 180 in 70 degree weather (EDIT: at highway speeds) with duct tape over the front. Without tape (I had to run to the 7 Eleven for gas) it wont get above 150, which terrifies me.

On the track, however, my oil temps reached ~240. I changed my gear selections and stuck with 4th gear (instead of 3rd) in turn 1, and it helped a little.

I registered for NASA HPDE1 June 6-7

Thank you everyone for the advice! After speaking with everyone and with NASA registration, it makes most sense (even though I may be ready for HPDE2) to stick HPDE1 out for at least one more weekend at Summit Point Main.
Glad to see you're getting some good use out of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crux View Post
I gotta make it to a FFX meet when Zstig is there so I can pick up his generously offered oil cooler block off plate

I saw a Z06 on R888s this morning and I said a small prayer for him.
Would have given you mine with the oil cooler, but I lost it
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote