View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 12:12 PM   #83 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
I'm doing an autocross event this sunday, and I'll decide then, if I want to upgrade to the AP Racing 6 pot and 2-peice rotors. My Wife's Pontiac G8 GXP has the 6-pot Brembo calipers stock, and they are a lot better than my Akebono
The Akebono's do fine at the average length auto-x (e.g. 60 seconds) with an average number of runs (3-4). In longer sessions of 2+ minute runs and 5-runs you can definitely cook them to 800+ degrees and the stock style pads no longer work. At that point you have to swap in track pads such as the Carbotech. Forget the Hawk HP+, the MOT is too low and the grabiness freaks out the ABS.
ChrisSlicks is offline   Reply With Quote