View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 07:43 PM   #5879 (permalink)
Crux
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370z 7AT
Crux will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
Then yes, your GoPro mount is solid as a rock, as long as you dont stick it to something overly waxed. Glass works dandy, it's extremely sturdy.

I PROMISE I'll watch this tonight lol. Last night was busy again.

That being said, it sounds like you're describing typical newbie mistakes: not hitting the right turn-in points, not utilizing the whole width of the track, and managing throttle and all the other goodies simultaneously. This isn't uncommon at all, but you'll quickly get better. This is why I say, you just aren't ready to move up yet...MAYBE to the next level of novice, but otherwise, just stay where you're at and take it in for another weekend or two, at least.

You know you're getting there when you start to feel more "one" with the car, I feel. And, rather than feeling unsure as to what is going to happen at times, you are confident in yourself and your vehicle's capabilities, and are more inclined to experiment.

Actually, the moment I felt I was starting to get it, was when I felt my instructor was giving me an awful line to follow around the track, and that my line was superior. I later found that my line was, indeed, faster.
I felt towards the 7th session I was beginning to experiment how deep I could brake, how I could smooth out turn in, messing around with different gear selections, and different lines (like you said).

My instructor specifically told me to stay to the outside on the approach to turn 10 (under the bridge), but I found that if I drove a straight line from 9's exit to 10 turn in, it took me to the inside of the track, and was a bit faster. He showed me his summit main videos in his vette and he took the same approach as I did into 10 lol. He said "do as I say, not as I do" but never elaborated. Maybe staying outside is faster?

If the instructor believes I'm good enough for HPDE2, then I am good enough for HPDE1 again

Last edited by Crux; 04-22-2015 at 08:05 PM.
Crux is offline   Reply With Quote