View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 01:05 AM   #13 (permalink)
VinceThe1
Base Member

Drives: '12 Z34 SR 6MT T/S/N
VinceThe1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.nismo View Post
Since its inception with the 240Z, the Z has become one of the best selling sports car in the world.
This was somewhat true in the past (70s, 80s, 90s) I guess...and I wish it still was, but right now the Z isn't doing so well unfortunately. There's one Z sold for every 10 or more mustangs and camaros...although you may not consider them "sports cars" but rather "muscle cars", they're still majorly outselling the Z. Imo the next Z should go with a good, Nissan N/A V8 capable of around 420-460hp, and keep the same V6 for the base, V6 model. That way they can sell it for 25g with the V6 base, 35g fully loaded V6, 35g base V8, 40-45g fully loaded V8...that would get the Z back in the competition, and crush it. This 3.0tt mercedes engine thing only looses pride in Nissan enthusiasts and makes the company look bad...when you start looking at what's cheaper to produce rather than what makes a better car...you loose your pride in what you do. Nissan sold plenty of altimas in order to afford the R&D of a brand new, Nissan engine...but rather they decided it would be cheaper to borrow an engine...which is sad for Nissan. With Toyota borrowing a BMW I6...only Honda is left to use their own engines for now...are the Japanese giving up? Sad because IMO they have truly proven to be capable of making some of the best cars in the world since the 70s...and especially in the 80s and 90s.

Last edited by VinceThe1; 04-22-2015 at 01:09 AM.
VinceThe1 is offline   Reply With Quote