View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 05:35 PM   #60 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post
Hello all, looking to purchase a 370Z but now I am not so sure anymore

I have been looking for the last two weeks and I have narrowed it down to 2010-2012 370z with Sport/touring in 6MT Coupe.

Problem is, hard to find local dealers that will give me a good price. Anyways, long story short, I was cross-shopping the 370z with a Subaru BRZ and a used WRX if I could find one.

I then mistakenly walked into a VW dealership to look at a used 370z they had and then saw the other VWs...they had a used Golf R that I ended up testing driving

I can't believe the amount of difference in the interior quality of the VW to the nissan! I mean, I know German cars are better built, bla bla, but it was just worlds apart! I used to drive a '07 335i before so I know how good german cars they can be. However, the transmission was BUTTERY smooth in the golf, I was pushing it into gears with 1 finger! The other thing is, since it is a 2.0L Turbo, I just drop a tune in there and I am easily over 300whp and over 350whp of torque!

So basically now, I am sad that the interior of the 370z isn't as nice, more road noise in the Z and I can't afford the Golf because it is almost 5k more than the Z.

My budget is $25k and the Golf R was $30k used.

So here is my question, what other cars did you all cross shop before choosing the Z and why did you pick it?

I know people will say I am comparing apples to oranges but here are some things I am looking for:

-RWD/AWD
-6MT
-good handling/feel
-around ~$25k

Anyways, thanks for listening and helping out!

EDIT: if I end up going with the Z, anything I should be looking out for? Go 2011+ over 2010?
1. great deals are out there - you just have to be patient and look on autotrader/etc. daily.
2. i don't think german cars are "better built" than japanese cars IMO.
3. i dont think people go for the interior when buying the Z, although it is much upgraded than the 350Z. also, depends on the trim you are getting. i know you said you want a touring model, but difference between touring and touring with navi are huge.
vtec to vvel is offline   Reply With Quote