View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 01:22 PM   #5873 (permalink)
Crux
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370z 7AT
Crux will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
Is this not a GoPro? The stock GoPro mount will work up to...really high speeds, assuming you mount it properly (not to waxed paint, for instance).

Amazon.com : Fat Gecko Mini Camera and Camcorder Mount : Photo Mounting Supplies : Camera & Photo

I use that mount for my microphone, but it'll work on a "normal" point-and-shoot camera as well. It's suction cup is very similar to the GoPro mount. It's also extremely sturdy.

Also, I apologize - didnt get a chance to watch last night. I'll try to make some time tonight. Thanks for trimming it down lol - I have a bad habit of throwing my whole videos up and not caring about editing.
No problem!

Yes, it's a go pro hero 2 (I want to get a 4 before zdayz) that I have mounted via gopro suction mount on the inside of the hatch window.

I trimmed it down a lot. After the mustang passes me, it gets a little slow, but you can see the line the instructor had me take. When I catch up to the back of the pack is when it gets better to watch.

After seeing photos that Khoi took, I'm at least 3' off of turn in, so I really need to learn the car's profile. It's just difficult to look up track and keep turn in, brake points, and apex (basically the whole line lol) in your peripheral vision while balancing the car and trying to keep it smooth.

I had the chance to sit down and speak with Grand Am driver Liam Dwyer (awesome - awesome guy, by the way) and I told him its like high speed problem solving. He agreed and added that its high speed problem solving while keeping the car on edge.

Last edited by Crux; 04-21-2015 at 01:29 PM.
Crux is offline   Reply With Quote