Thread: EBC Rotors
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 10:12 AM   #14 (permalink)
njobe89
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370z BS 6MT
njobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
My wife did the same thing with the stock rotors in about 20K miles. I put new rotors on them, and I have over 40K miles with absolutely no shaking under braking

You should look at your braking habits. Research uneven pad depositing and familiarize yourself with the bedding technique for new pads. Understanding these will help you understand how your braking habits are likely the main contributing factor to your "warped" rotors. Note that anyone referring to warped rotors is almost guaranteed to be referring to uneven pad depositing. You could probably even have yours "turned" - this process evens out the layer of pad deposits by shaving off the higher point on the rotor - and get a lot more miles out of them. But you only get 1MM of wear on most rotors, so you can't turn them more than once typically. You're better off adjust your braking habits, as I mentioned.
i brake mainly with the engine. i had to slam on my breaks when someone pulled out in front me and every since then it's been shaking.

Stillen CBE, Stillen Gen 3, TP's, Uprev tuned - 324whp/264tq
njobe89 is offline   Reply With Quote