Thread: EBC Rotors
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 10:04 AM   #13 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by njobe89 View Post
i have 24k miles on my car and my stock rotors are already done... every time i brake now usually if i'm in 3rd gear the steering wheel starts shaking.
My wife did the same thing with the stock rotors in about 20K miles. I put new rotors on them, and I have over 40K miles with absolutely no shaking under braking

You should look at your braking habits. Research uneven pad depositing and familiarize yourself with the bedding technique for new pads. Understanding these will help you understand how your braking habits are likely the main contributing factor to your "warped" rotors. Note that anyone referring to warped rotors is almost guaranteed to be referring to uneven pad depositing. You could probably even have yours "turned" - this process evens out the layer of pad deposits by shaving off the higher point on the rotor - and get a lot more miles out of them. But you only get 1MM of wear on most rotors, so you can't turn them more than once typically. You're better off adjust your braking habits, as I mentioned.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |

Last edited by JARblue; 04-21-2015 at 10:06 AM.
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote