View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 09:47 AM   #58 (permalink)
jpkirk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '14 MidBlu ST MT
jpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post
Well gents, I think I have just about made up my mind on the Z - going to go for it!

I went out and test drove the little Golf R and while it was fun to drive, handled like a charm, I just know that the Z will give me more of a raw/visceral feeling.

I will take the Z while I am young and return to the easy driving V Dubs in my years of old...(much later, if that even happens...)!

Sadly, the Z I was looking at in san antonio was sold so I have to keep searching. There is a white one near by but I am looking for a color that is a bit more exciting.
When does that happen? Like 90? It never happend for Paul Newman. He raced in the 24 hours of Daytona when he was 80. I wanna be like that. I have to admit though, I had great fun in a VW Scirocco after my MGB retired.

Z is a good choice. I'm having great fun with mine. Going autoxing in May for the first time in 35 years. It'll be a blast.

intake | exhaust | wheels | tires | suspension ... um ... stock, do speed stickers count?
intake | exhaust | TE37 SL | RE-11 | suspension ... um ... do speed stickers count? Signature under construction

Last edited by jpkirk; 04-21-2015 at 09:54 AM.
jpkirk is offline   Reply With Quote