View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 09:20 PM   #50 (permalink)
Tigger
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Awedeeeeee
Tigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post
Well gents, I think I have just about made up my mind on the Z - going to go for it!

I went out and test drove the little Golf R and while it was fun to drive, handled like a charm, I just know that the Z will give me more of a raw/visceral feeling.

I will take the Z while I am young and return to the easy driving V Dubs in my years of old...(much later, if that even happens...)!

Sadly, the Z I was looking at in san antonio was sold so I have to keep searching. There is a white one near by but I am looking for a color that is a bit more exciting.
You'll find the one you want for sure. Patience. Something really good always comes up about once a month. Glad to see you settled on something nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Bus View Post
Yes good choice as the Z is raw/visceral. Test drove a M235i fairly recently and while it was superior to my Z in so many ways, I would not switch out the Z for it at this time. Just because of the r/v feeling.

I drove the 235 too. And the 435. And the 535. And the M4. And an M3.

NONE of them handled well. I ******* hated the handling. Horrible. The roll was a nightmare in all but the 435 and that one just felt too goddamn heavy to have any real fun. Don't even get me started on the 1 series. Garbage right there.

I'm sorry. Not picking. I just don't know why everyone says that BMW is superior. I didn't really even care for the interior of the 235. And I couldn't understand why a reasonably optioned one hit $50k. ****. And no. It is a cheap, nearly entry-level car. No reason for it to hit that price. And like I said. Rolled like a bitch. I just don't know why people say they drive well. They don't. and 50/50 weight distribution will hinder performance more than help it. Sooooooo....

Anyway.... I guess I need to reference my own post here. Drive what you love and don't go by what Tigger says sucks.
Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote