View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 12:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
dudesky
Track Member

Drives: E46 M3 6MT
dudesky is a jewel in the roughdudesky is a jewel in the roughdudesky is a jewel in the rough
Default My friend just got DUI charge with some extra stuff

Hello everyone,
My friend is in deep trouble and need some advises but I can't since I never had such an experience... So maybe if anyone has some of experience sharing would be great! So, my friend was driving under influence with his 'rental car' and crashed onto a parked car. The owner of the parked car wanted to let my friend go since he didn't want my friend to get in troubles (very kind guy) but someone walking down a street called a cop. My friend was taken to a police station for DUI and crashing other person's car. The problem is, first, his insurance was deactivated at the time present. Second, it was a rental car. (I have no idea how he even rented out a car with his nonactive insurance). Third, he was drunk driving. Fourth, his rental car got TOTALED(victim's car is not that bad. Just need some fix on the rear end). What are the worst consequences he can receive? I have no idea how his insurance will work since it was deactivated at the time being. I mean I understand it is now up to his lawyer and the court but how much money will he end up spending? Can he faces a jail time for such matters? Thank you.
dudesky is offline   Reply With Quote