View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 07:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
dlmartin81
Track Member

Drives: 09 370Z
dlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking I'm ordering mine this weekend :: PG Base + SPK + few extras

I used the information on AK's thread (2009 Nissan 370z invoice Price) for negotiating. All negotiating was done via email, beetween two dealerships. I said the following on the email.

"Like any good shopper would do, I am shopping around for the best deal on a 370Z. So far I am only considering [Dealer1] and [Dealer2]. Whoever gives me the best deal, will get my business. I know if you were in my shoes, you would do the same, especially considering that you're a salesman."

"I've also done my homework on the car, which is how I was able to come up with the figures below. I left out the taxes. Are you able to give me a price somewhere in between the invoice and MSRP totals at the bottom?"

"What is your best offer?"

Base Model 6 speed manual
MSRP - $29,930
Invoice - $28,043

S01 - Sports package*
MSRP $3,000
Invoice $2,602

P93 - Illuminated Kick Plate
MSRP $200
Invoice $148

L92 - Carpeted Floor Mats
MSRP $115
Invoice $89

T94 - Carpeted Trunk Mat
MSRP $95
Invoice $65

Destination & Handling
$695
=====================
Total
MSRP $34,035
Invoice $31,642

Dealer2 responded within the hour and said that he would give it to me for $32,500. I said to my self, "not bad."

Then Dealer1 responded soon after with, "I understand that you want the best deal. So, I am going to make it very easy for you. I will order/sell you the 370Z for invoice. So, you can buy it for $31,642 (give or take a few dollars), plus tax and tags."

I was like, "HELL YEAH!!" That's like $2,393 less than MSRP. I really was not thinking that I would get that.

Now I could still be a [richard] and try to get it even lower by going back to Dealer2 with the counter offer. And if he counters it, go back to Dealer1. But I figured invoice it's pretty damn good. Plus, I figured that I would be helping the economy. I want them to at least make some $$.

So I set up an appointment to meet up with the salesman at Dealer1 on Saturday to place the order and leave a $500 deposit.

Finally, thanks AK for posting that information!! I probably could not have done it without you. You're my HERO.
dlmartin81 is offline   Reply With Quote