View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 12:15 AM   #72 (permalink)
Voice59
Premium Member

Drives: 2009 Nissan 370z
Voice59 is a glorious beacon of lightVoice59 is a glorious beacon of lightVoice59 is a glorious beacon of lightVoice59 is a glorious beacon of lightVoice59 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec to vvel View Post
No it's nothing like that. I'm just trying to get Z1nonly to enlighten me.

and btw, your car in your profile looks bada$$!
Much thanks!

I've just recently gotten my car lowered on coils. I requested a half inch to an inch of a drop. Which isn't ridiculous, but with the amuse body kit it's a semi nightmare. So yes, occasionally I take my time getting into parking lots or things of that nature. And in those scenarios I believe people should be "considerate" of what's happening.

Have I scraped my bumper or side skirts because I didn't want people to feel like they have to wait? Yes. Did it pain me every time? Yes. Does me scraping my bumper to make them not have to wait an extra 5 seconds make them or me feel better? Probably not. In fact, they're probably thinking one of two things: "That guy's an idiot for lowering his car in this area!" OR "Damn he shouldn't have taken that so quickly!" I can see both points being made very clearly.

Minor under carriage/bumper damage I can somewhat be ok with. Any curb that's going to cause significant problems/damage to my car, I'm going to take with caution, regardless of who's behind me. It's not a "**** them" attitude on my part. Just a....minor inconvenience isn't worth hundreds/thousands of dollars attitude. And if turning into a parking lot slow is causing accidents I can almost guarantee that I won't be receiving that ticket.
Voice59 is offline   Reply With Quote