View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 09:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
jpkirk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '14 MidBlu ST MT
jpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond repute

I bought mine because it performed very well, had syncro-rev-match, and is absolutely stunning to look at. Looks and syncro-rev-match were my selling points. I can get past the rest with some minor mods. I got a reasonable price for a 2014. The Z has plenty of power, a huge aftermarket for parts and handles very well.

Not so sure you'll break 300whp with just a tune on that Golf R.

All that said, I'm sure the Germans have prettied up the interior and have many additional options over the Z. This horse has been well beaten on the forum. Those options cost money which is likely why you have said you can't afford a Golf R.

I looked at BRZ, Mustang, Camaro, and dreamed of a C7 Corvette. BRZ was slow, the Mustang GT (track package)/Camaro (1LE) big/heavy and the C7, out of my price range. None but the C7 had syncro rev match either. That was a huge selling point for me. Audi TTS was in their as well, but the Audi reliability question put it out of the running.

Oh ... and a Porsche ... Cayman S ... yea, if I thought the C7 was out of my price range, $90K for a Cayman S spec'd the way I wanted it was ... well. No.

TCO on the Cayman S and TTS also put them out reach. Too expensive to maintain.

intake | exhaust | wheels | tires | suspension ... um ... stock, do speed stickers count?
intake | exhaust | TE37 SL | RE-11 | suspension ... um ... do speed stickers count? Signature under construction

Last edited by jpkirk; 04-19-2015 at 09:45 PM.
jpkirk is offline   Reply With Quote