View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 05:45 PM   #19 (permalink)
Cove87
Base Member

Drives: '15 Nismo 6MT
Cove87 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
Do you also get it just under 2k?

I have the same issue and think it's from the exhaust hitting a support brace at those resonant frequencies. I haven't had the time or the tools to check though, but it's been going on for over a year now. I've learned to live with it, but it sure gets annoying sometimes.
I just got AAM Midpipe and Short Tails and Motordyne Art Pipes put on my car and I'm having the EXACT same issue.. I get that rattle briefly just under 2k rolling off from a stop, then it comes back around 3k and tapers off past 3.5k

Drives me NUTS trying to cruise somewhere on the highway when I have to climb up hill.

I gutted the entire rear interior and the noise persisted, so I'm certain it's something beneath the car.. That support brace towards the middle of the car that sits right under the mid pipe looks incredibly close, so I suppose at certain RPMs, it could just barely be making contact..

I'm out of town visiting my parents for the next week or so, so I don't have the means to get under the car right now, but dammit.. definitely going to try and get to the bottom of this.
Cove87 is offline   Reply With Quote