View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 12:36 PM   #60 (permalink)
dP3NGU1N
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 PW sport 6mt
dP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud of

So it took me a while to read everything and catch up. Here is essentially the bottom line: Intent. If you purposely slow down to the point where you're stopping others and your MINDSET is "f8ck 'em", then you're a d!ck. This isn't about the inequities of life, but if we're going to go there; IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT OTHER PEOPLE DO. If you're stuck behind someone who's turning really slowing across and intersection when the rest of traffic has left them behind; or someone who's texting instead of noticing the light has turned green; or anything where you're being inconvenienced; you are responsible for YOUR behavior. Courtesy starts with you, not the other way around. If everyone was waiting for everyone else to be courteous, this would be an awful place to live, indeed. You don't need to believe in karma, or god, or any sort of supernatural power to do the whole "they'll get what they deserve" nonsense. Just drive like a civilized human being for the sake of it.

If you DO need to do something where it's inconveniencing others, you should go out of your way to inconvenience as few people as possible. That means pulling to the far right if you're going to be entering a steep driveway so others can pass while you take your time. For example, when I back into my driveway it takes ages; but I wait for traffic to clear on my street before I do so. Even IF someone is being a **** and high-beeming you on the expressway, just let them through. Honestly, America is probably the only country I've lived in where the left lane (or right, depending on country) is the defacto passing lane. People will go nuts getting you to move over and make all sorts of obscene gestures. Same thing with escalators. Americans love to take up both lanes of the escalator. Every other country I've been to people stand off to one side so people in a hurry can get past. I digress, the point I'm trying to make is that sometimes you can't help it. And that's ok. The main point is, once again, intent.

As for school busses, old folks, etc. They're a necessary evil. Until obama care rolls out it's real plan to kill all the old people, I think we're stuck with them. In fact, we're going to have more of them than we ever have in the past if statistics are to be believed. School busses and LEOs go back to courtesy. You probably don't want to hit a child crossing the road, it's why those rules are there. You also don't want to hit a LEO as he's rushing to a scene of a crime or needs his donut fix. Because goddamnit he has the 'betis and the donuts help him regulate his thyroid or some such nonsense.

If you were offended by my original post. You likely fit the description of a self entitled sh!t, so I'm not really sorry for you and don't apologize for any of it. May your muffler hang low and drag where you go and your socks always fall to your ankles (seriously, as far as low stakes curses go, that one would be pretty annoying). Generally, people react to things that describe them - it's why you turn around when your name is called. If your name is sheep-****-noodle-fucker who drives a zed and holds up traffic, you can take it up with your parents.

TL;DR - "f8ck 'em"

Last edited by dP3NGU1N; 04-19-2015 at 12:40 PM.
dP3NGU1N is offline   Reply With Quote