View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 08:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Amj2020
Enthusiast Member

Drives: MB Z,Jeep,BMW
Amj2020 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
I have to agree with this to a large extent. If your car is too low to be practical as a DD and that's how you're using it, then maybe you're being a little disrespectful to the other drivers around you. My car is stock height with no chance off going lower while it's my DD. Too painful and inconvenient.

That being said, even at stock height I encounter plenty of driveways that require a 45 degree approach at near idle speed just to avoid scraping horribly. But I can't say I've ever had someone honk at me for it. OP is in NY, and from everything I've experienced getting honked at is a regular occurrence for driving there
I live on long island, the world of spoiled brats, so getting cursed at for going 70 in a 55 is commonplace... My Z is not my daily driver, It really has little to do with me, as people here would rather honk, and try and bump me out of the way, than go into another lane of traffic thats clear to just pass me. I used to live up north, this was never a problem...people even moved out of the left lane to let you pass without any problem!