Thread: YzGyz's turn!
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 06:15 PM   #165 (permalink)
YzGyz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Nismo
YzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond repute

I received the thicker adapter plate the other day. I also had to work that night so all I was able to do was look at it. I installed the adapter plate along with replacing the pilot bearing again yesterday after a short nap. I felt that the transmission has been slid in and out too many times to be in "good" condition so Seb threw one in the box for free. He is trying and is staying in touch. It just sucks with the down time. At current, I'm waiting for my mechanic neighbor to bring his transmission jack home so I can put the car back together.

Here is a pic showing where I smooshed just the end of the old clutch plate. It's just a 1/8'' of the end that got smooshed. My $250 mistake for thinking I can simply use the bolts to pull the last 1/8'' of the transmission in. GRRRR

old

new

I will report in when I get the thing up and able to crank her on.

YzGyz
YzGyz is offline   Reply With Quote