View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 09:55 PM   #2795 (permalink)
Tigger
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Awedeeeeee
Tigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkngo View Post
Alright getting a quote from Superior auto body and detailing. It is a flex additive used to make the paint more pliable and limit damage from rock chips and cracks...
Flex agent can severely yellow your paint. Byproduct of trying to get it to be more flexible. That's fiberglass so there really won't be much in the way of flex. If you get enough flex to chip/crack the paint, you'll be looking at bigger problems such as cracked/broken fiberglass. I wouldn't even suggest they add more flex agent. Get it painted and clear bra the front end after the paint has fully cured. This takes about 30-45 days.

Suggestion for when you go to pick it up from the paint shop. Make damn sure the paint matches. My paint guy had a seriously hard time color matching my **** and it isn't even the 40th color. Lots of shops tend to veer into the reds. Mine was yellow and then red after the repaint. You won't get an exact match but make sure you are ok with it before you roll out.

Also check the fitment around the light housings. Push where the tabs are supposed to be and see if it pops in and then back out when you release. That'll tell you if they actually fitted it correctly. Sometimes they start sanding and cutting and it'll create serious gaps that you won't initially notice. Check and make sure your fender liners are tucked and locked in like they're supposed to be and not hanging free.

Also, MAKE SURE THEY FIT THE DAMN THING BEFORE THEY PAINT IT!!!!!

If there are fitment problems you have to contact the vendor before they paint it or it is on you!

3M has a new clear bra product out that is incredibly thin (almost like plastic wrap) that is remarkable in effectiveness. I know a guy with a new GT3 that got it on the entire car. Can't tell it is even on there.
Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote