View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 04:09 PM   #594 (permalink)
DatsunFTW
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 12 370z A54 M6
DatsunFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDatsunFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDatsunFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDatsunFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDatsunFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDatsunFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDatsunFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDatsunFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDatsunFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDatsunFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDatsunFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vbar View Post
In my opinion this is absolutely the most detailed diy thread on this forum. If it wasn't for everyone in this thread I wouldn't feel confident opening up my own headlights. I just have a few question I didn't see answer.
1) when heating your headlights in a box should you put a wet towel under the headlight like if you were using an oven?
2) with all your experience would you say that paint or vinyl wrap is more reliable. ( which holds up to heat better) also is the vinyl wrap easy to put on with all the curves inside the headlight.
3) lastly with the rubber glue sealant from the retrofit source I noticed it comes rolled up pretty thick. Do you recommend putting it on as is or stretching it out and applying it a little skinnier.

Thanks For all the helps guys ( especially nut n much and Vdc off) I really appreciate this thread.
1) I don't find it necessary
2) Paint. Unless you are a master of the wrap like VDC-Off, you will have a hard time.
3) Stretch it out a bit to fit nicely in the grooves but not too thin