View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 03:04 PM   #19 (permalink)
mishuko
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 Z
mishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
clifford has a nismo with 70k or something he said and his is fine too.

i think you either get a defective one, or people are just too brutal on their clutches.

that said, id swap for the aftermarket csc while the tech has the tranny apart just to rid this potential failure all together.
Ken when i read something in another post from you about not shifting as much in stop and go i actually realized it helps a lot. i stick in 3rd or 2nd depending on speed until it gets to almost stall point now. much easier than shifting into n then 1 then back then ughhhh

also my weak leg isn't used to this entire week of DD'ing. i have shin splints

i try not to abuse the clutch/ride it too much/smash it hard but i know i get a little excited when i WOT to redline and push a bit aggressively. i am more aware now but i'm attributing to my amateur skill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haboob View Post
I wouldn't think you'd have to replace the clutch unless it's necessary to do so.I had a stock clutch last 130k+ on my SRT (with a lot of hard driving/drag racing at the strip on it). Only thing I ever had to replace was the shift fork that finally wore out.

I'm hoping to get the same out of this clutch, if I even keep the car for that long.

i agree with this line. unless you planon FI then why bother? if you can do a 5th gear haul without slip / still stall in first i think your clutch is still in good shape.
mishuko is offline   Reply With Quote