View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 01:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
RicerX
Track Member

Drives: To the Pizza joint.
RicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond repute

I love that you put quotes around beater, because DAMN that is a nice list to pick from for a DD to put next to a Z!

Range Rovers are turds that need a warranty to keep the stress levels down. Beautiful, but I don't see myself ever making real Land Rover money - meaning, the money it would take to not care how often it ended up in the shop. That's a lot of money to me.

The Tundra is a massive vehicle. My Dad has a limited... I drove it and felt like I was in a yacht. The 4Runner is a little better for some reason, but that may be due to its lesser length. It's not that much narrower.

The Tacoma is straight up too damned expensive for a midsize - I'd get a Frontier Pro4X instead of a Tacoma TRD Pro. The Taco in that configuration is almost $10k more than the Frontier, and it's not $10k more truck. Plenty of leftover 2014 Pro4Xs around with some nice discounts too.

The BMW... meh. That sounds more like just wanting a BMW. If you're looking at tackling Colorado snow... I don't see how the BMW gives you anything you can't already have with the Z and a good set of snow tires. Besides maybe back seats, of course.

Lastly, the 4Runner TRD Pro. I looked at one the other day... it is just SICK. They're expensive as **** though... the one I saw was $48k! However, it's pretty much a median in your list. If it were me in your shoes, I'd go with the 4Runner. You get a damn versatile vehicle with some serious offroad capability, solid reliability and dependability, year round use, and just a tough sonofabitchin lookin vehicle. Good luck in the hunt!

Last edited by RicerX; 04-17-2015 at 01:24 PM.
RicerX is offline   Reply With Quote