View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 04:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
vividracing
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 350Z,370Z,GTR
vividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to vividracing

In my opinion, leave the Chrome for the boys who don't do subtle. You don't see many SEMA show cars wrapped in chrome, do you? (Maybe one or two over a few years). A good look with shows means not saying "LOOK AT ME, I'M SO SHINY!" A good look is that it's natural and obviously custom but subtle.

I have an "artistic" view on custom cars, I don't want something just thrown together, I want people to admire how clean and natural it looks, something the average person would say "wow, I could drive that". They wouldn't drive a chrome Camaro, they'd feel almost embarrassed.

You could go with a two-tone but that could also be a little too much.

If it were me, I'd go with a fade of some kind. You already have the two-tone look with the black on top, you could do something unique and have a wrap that transitions from black on top to grey on the sides. Fading black to grey would get a subtle but noticeable look instead of the sharp contrast from black to grey you have now. Then even more, since you have black wheels, you could transition from black to grey to black again around the wheel wells.

Again, just my personal opinion after seeing hundreds of cars customized any million ways and what I think the purpose of a show car means.

P.S. You could make your wrapper pretty happy if he had a mostly transparent, big logo on the door hidden in the wrap that requires a double take to notice it. It adds a revealing quality to the car that people would say is cool cause it's subtle but there! And he could still have his actual logo somewhere else like on the windows.

-RyanG

Rocky @ Vivid ♦ 480.966.3040 x236 ♦ Rocky@vividracing.com
Email, PM, or call me directly for aggressive The370Z.com member pricing!!!

Last edited by vividracing; 04-16-2015 at 04:53 PM.
vividracing is offline   Reply With Quote