View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 10:05 AM   #49 (permalink)
RicerX
Track Member

Drives: To the Pizza joint.
RicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcasti07 View Post
I really wish Nissan would stop stamping the Nismo name on so many models, it's taking away from what it once was.
I have to disagree there - I think as long as NISMO means something for an increase of performance, there is room for it.

The Juke RS has a bunch of different suspension bits, a HELICAL limited slip differential, the Recaro seats, power bump, manual transmission, etc. None of that stuff is in a regular Juke (save the MT availability), and hell, not even the 370Z has a helical LSD offered - only viscous. The NISMO GT-R is a completely different animal than a regular GT-R (it even has heat channeling fins on the exhaust piping... seriously). The Z needs maybe a bit more oomph, but I'd like to think this round of NISMO models is testing the market a bit while they're engineering game changers for the next generations of these models.

When they start ricing out Altimas with graphics and no actual performance parts, then it will take away from the brand. Until then, pump out more NISMO stuff. I like what they're doing.